March 12, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Documentary Film Captures Day-to-Day
Miracles that Occur at Shriners Hospital
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Where Dreams Come True, an award-winning documentary film that chronicles the journeys of children whose lives were forever changed by Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California will air on CBS13, at 3 p.m., Saturday, April 4. The television debut of the film in the Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto region is presented by Wells Fargo.
Country Music Hall of Fame singer, songwriter and actor Kris Kristofferson narrates the film, which won a 2014 Telly Award, a premier award honoring the very best films, videos and commercials. In a gesture of generosity, Mr. Kristofferson traveled to the Shriners Hospital in Sacramento to film the narration for the documentary, which highlights the inspiring stories of several patients and families, including:
- a champion kayaker who sought the care of the spinal cord injury team at Shriners Hospital after he was paralyzed from the waist down in a kayak accident;
- a young girl who was transported to Shriners Hospital for its acclaimed pediatric burn care after she was tragically burned in a December 2011 house fire;
- parents of a child born with cerebral palsy who turned to Shriners Hospital, where an internationally acclaimed orthopaedic surgeon gave them new hope;
- a former rodeo rider paralyzed in an accident who learned how to navigate life in a wheelchair.
- a young burn survivor who is wise beyond his years; and
- a young girl who discovers new joy when she is fitted with a prosthetic leg.
Where Dreams Come True was produced by William Criswell of Inception Marketing and William Bayne of Coyote Films. Mr. Criswell and Mr. Bayne have worked together on hundreds of commercials, television specials, films, and documentaries. Their many honors include the NY Art Directors Club Award, the 2001, 2003 and 2009 Freddie Awards, recognition in the SF and Houston International Film Festivals and, of course, a 2014 Telly Award for Where Dreams Come True.
Broadcast underwriters include Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood & Campora, LLP, with additional support from DBBWC partners Robert A. Buccola, Steven M. Campora, and Catia G. Saraiva. Closed captioning is provided by Johnson Ranch Chiropractic.
For more information about the documentary film, go online to http://myshrinershospital.org/
Media Contact: Catherine Curran | Public Relations (916) 453-2218 | firstname.lastname@example.org