** Please be advised that Shriners Hospitals for Children-Northern California continues to monitor the unfolding effects of the Coronavirus in our community. The Walk for LOVE & 5K remains scheduled for June 13, 2020, pending additional information or guidance from public health authorities. This page will remain up-to-date regarding the date and time for this event. We hope to see you soon for this wonderful, family-friendly event.**
Patients, families and the community are invited to celebrate our fourth annual Walk for LOVE & 5K on Saturday, June 13, 2020. Through supporters like you, Shriners Hospitals for Children® has been able to provide life-changing care to kids for 97 years.
Saturday, June 13, 2020
- 7:30 a.m. – Walk/Run registration and check-in begins
- 9 a.m. – Parade of Shriners
- 9:10 a.m. – Timed 5K begins followed by the start of the Walk for LOVE
- 9:30 a.m. – Post-Race amenities and activities open
- 12 p.m. – Walk for LOVE & 5K concludes
Shriners Hospitals for Children — 2425 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817
- Early Bird Walker $20 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Promotional offer ends 11:59 PM on April 30th. Includes t-shirt, post event activities, entertainment and complementary eats and drinks.
- Early Bird Time 5K Run $30 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Promotional offer ends 11:59 PM on April 30th. Includes t-shirt, post event activities, entertainment and complementary eats and drinks.
- $25 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Includes t-shirt, post event activities, entertainment and complementary eats and drinks
- $35 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Timed 5K Run (All Ages), Includes t-shirt, post event activities, entertainment and complementary eats and drinks
- $25 — VIRTUAL WALKER — Participant donors do not receive a T-shirt
The Walk for LOVE & 5K is a health and fitness event open to everyone and appropriate for all ages. Both events are fundraising benefits for Shriners Hospitals for Children-Northern California, with proceeds helping to assure all children requiring specialized treatment receive the expert care they need, from birth to 18 years of age, regardless of the families’ ability to pay.
The Walk for LOVE provides walkers with a beautiful 1.5 mile course that includes portions of the UC Davis Medical Center campus and the beloved T Street Boulevard in East Sacramento. The 5K follows a similar course but includes additional portions of East Sacramento neighborhoods adjacent to the UC Davis Medical Center and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Prior to the start of the run, participants will enjoy a Parade of Shriners in their fezzes from throughout Northern California and northwestern Nevada. The 5K is a timed event with age group awards and will begin following the parade at 9:10 a.m. The Walk for Love begins immediately following the run.
Once across the finish line, participants and supporters are invited to stay for post-event activities, entertainment and the opportunity to connect with other supporters, current and former patients, and hospital staff. Sign up today and join the fun in supporting our Shrine Kids!
Patient Registration is FREE
All Shriners Hospitals for Children patients (current and former) are invited to participate with complementary registration. For more information contact Breanna Williams at 916-453-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.