Patients, families and the community are invited to celebrate our third annual Walk for LOVE & 5K on Saturday, June 8, 2018. Through supporters like you, Shriners Hospitals for Children® has been able to provide life-changing care to kids for 95 years.
Click here for registration information.
Saturday, June 8, 2019
- 7:30 a.m. – Walk/Run registration and check-in begins
- 9 a.m. – Parade of Shriners
- 9:10 a.m. – Timed 5K begins followed by the start of the Walk for LOVE
- 9:30 a.m. – Post-Race amenities and activities open
- 12 p.m. – Walk for LOVE & 5K concludes
Shriners Hospitals for Children — 2425 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817
- $20 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Use promo code “EARLYBIRD” — Promotional offer ends midnight May 8th, Includes t-shirt, post event activities and entertainment and complementary eats and drinks.
- $25 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Includes t-shirt, post event activities and entertainment and complementary eats and drinks
- $35 — INDIVIDUAL RATE — Timed 5K Run (All Ages), Includes t-shirt, post event activities and entertainment and complementary eats and drinks
- $25 — VIRTUAL WALKER — Participant donors do not receive a T-shirt
The Walk for LOVE & 5K is a health and fitness event open to everyone and appropriate for all ages. Both events are fundraising benefits for Shriners Hospitals for Children-Northern California, with proceeds helping to assure all children requiring specialized treatment receive the expert care they need, from birth to 18 years of age, regardless of the families’ ability to pay.
The Walk for LOVE provides walkers with a beautiful 1.5 mile course that includes portions of the UC Davis Medical Center campus and the beloved T Street Boulevard in East Sacramento. The debut 5K follows a similar course but includes additional portions of East Sacramento neighborhoods adjacent to the UC Davis Medical Center and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Prior to the start of the run, participants will enjoy a Parade of Shriners in their fezzes from throughout Northern California and northwestern Nevada. The 5K is a timed event with age group awards and will begin following the parade at 9:10 a.m. The Walk for Love begins immediately following the run.
Once across the finish line, participants and supporters are invited to stay for post-event activities, entertainment and the opportunity to connect with other supporters, current and former patients, and hospital staff. Sign up today and join the fun in supporting our Shrine Kids!
Patient Registration is FREE
All Shriners Hospitals for Children patients (current and former) are invited to participate with complementary registration. For more information contact Joseph Ramos at 916-453-2018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.