The ABLS Provider Course is an 8-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs. This live, hands-on course is designed to provide the “how-to” of emergency care of the burn patient through the first 24-hour critical time period.
Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions. The course includes an opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association (ABA) transfer criteria to a Burn Center. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- evaluate a patient with a serious burn;
- define the magnitude and severity of the injury;
- identify and establish priorities of treatment;
- manage the airway and support ventilation;
- initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation;
- apply correct methods of physiological monitoring;
- determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center;
- organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient.
(Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists,
Paramedics, Firefighters, EMTs)
The registration fee includes all continuing education credits, presentations,
conference materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments
When: Friday, Feb. 5, 2016
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Shriners Hospitals for Children–Northern California, 2425 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817
Deadline: Please register by January 25.
- Call: (916) 453-2041 l
- Email: email@example.com
You will receive a registration form to complete and return with registration fee. Click here to print the ABLS invite.