Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California pediatric orthopaedic surgeon Vedant Kulkarni, M.D. has been invited as faculty to present at the 2018 meeting of the upcoming Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA) in Austin, Texas. The full course materials can be downloaded below. We hope you find them beneficial and share them widely.
Gait Analysis without a Lab
Neuromuscular/Lower Extremity Subspecialty Day Presentation
Dr. Vedant Kulkarni
In settings where 3-Dimensional gait analysis is impossible, observational gait assessment using the validated Edinburgh Visual Gait Score (EVGS) can aid in the communication of gait deviations and the measurement gait changes after surgical intervention. Coupled with an understanding of the normal phases of gait, the EVGS can substantially improve observational gait assessment through its comprehensive scoring system at the trunk, pelvis, hip, knee, and foot/ankle. With slow-motion video analysis now available through mobile app technology, quantitative observational gait assessment using the EVGS can truly be at your fingertips.
- Gait Analysis without a Lab – Video Presentation
- POSNA Lecture Slide Handout
- Edinburgh Visual Gait Score EVGS Scoring Worksheet
- Edinburgh Visual Gait Score EVGS Summary Score Grid
- Using Hudl Technique App – Instructions
- Hudl Technique App – Download for iPhone
- Hudl Technique App – Download for Android