At Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California there are no barriers to care. Doctors determine the course of care, and all care is provided regardless of the family’s ability to pay. When families do have insurance, the hospital will accept payment from insurance providers. However, insurance coverage is not a criteria for care.
Any child under 18 with a medical condition that is within the scope of services provided is eligible for care. For questions please call (916) 453-2191.
Contracted insurers include, but are not limited to:
- Aetna Health Management (PPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross (PPO, AIM, Healthy Families & MCMCP, Covered California)
- Blue Shield of California (HMO, PPO, Covered California)
- Cigna (HMO, PPO)
- California Health and Wellness
- Coventry/First Health (PPO)
- Dignity Health
- Golden Shore Medical (formerly Molina Healthcare)
- Health Net of California (PPO)
- Hills Physician Medical Group
- Molina Healthcare
- Rivercity Medical Group
- United Healthcare/UHC (PPO)