To request copies of your medical record please contact:
Health Information Services
You will be asked to complete an Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information form, which we can send you by fax or email. If you prefer, you may pick up a form in person by stopping by the Health Information Services office during our regular business hours – 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Requests for copies take 10 to 15 business days to process upon receipt of the authorization form. There can be a 25-cents per page charge depending upon the size of the request.
At Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California there are no barriers to care. Doctors determine the course of care, and all care is provided regardless of the family’s ability to pay. When families do have insurance, the hospital will accept payment from insurance providers. However, insurance coverage is not a criteria for care. Any child under 18 with a medical condition that is within the scope of services provided is eligible for care.
For insurance-related questions please call 916-453-2142.
Contracted insurers include, but are not limited to:
- Aetna Health Management (PPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross (PPO, AIM, Healthy Families & MCMCP, Covered California)
- Blue Shield of California (HMO, PPO, Covered California)
- Cigna (HMO, PPO)
- California Health and Wellness
- Coventry/First Health (PPO)
- Dignity Health
- Employee Health Systems (EHS)/Synermed
- Health Net of California (PPO)
- Hills Physician Medical Group
- Molina Healthcare
- Rivercity Medical Group
- TRIWEST (administered by UHC and formerly Tricare)
- United Healthcare/UHC (PPO)