How do I request an appointment at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California?
Most children who receive care at our Shriners Hospital in Sacramento are referred by their pediatrician or primary care doctor. Parents also may contact the hospital directly to request that their child be seen by one of our specialists. Once we receive the referral, your file will be reviewed and an appointment scheduled as appropriate. Care is just a phone call away. To request an appointment, call the Patient Referral Center at 916-453-2191.
Who is eligible for treatment?
Admission is based on age and diagnosis. Any child up to the age of 18 is eligible for care, providing the child’s condition is within the scope of services provided.
What happens if we are accepted for care?
As the parent or guardian of a new patient, you will receive a packet of information in the mail that includes following items:
- A letter noting the initial appointment date and time. The letter also will include the name and telephone number of the person to contact at the hospital if you have questions about your first visit;
- Several pre-registration forms;
- A checklist of things to bring on your first visit;
- A map and directions to the hospital;
- A listing of our affiliated Shrine centers that provide transportation to the hospital.
What happens if we are not accepted for care?
Our patient services coordinator will call you directly if your child’s condition is not within the scope of services provided at our Northern California Shriners Hospital. If we are unable to reach you by telephone, you will receive a letter in the mail.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
You will need to bring several documents to your first appointment. Please use this checklist when preparing for your first appointment:
- Condition of Acceptance: You should receive a copy of this form along with your initial appointment letter. The form must be signed by a parent/guardian and witnessed by someone age 18 or older. By signing this form you are giving Shriners Hospitals for Children permission to treat your child.
- Applicable legal documents: Please bring any legal documents pertaining to custody, divorce, separation, adoption or name change of a parent or child.