- Apply clear, non-colored aloe vera gel or other moisturizing lotion to hydrate treated areas.
- Gently soap and rinse during shower.
- Pat dry after shower.
- After initial redness fades, use sunscreen and/or a hat during sun exposure.
- Don’t rub with towel or washcloth.
- Don’t scratch or pick at scabs.
- Don’t swim or soak in bathtub until fully healed.
- Don’t expose skin directly to sun without sunscreen.
- Don’t take hot baths, showers for 24 hours after treatment.
- Don’t do tough activity for 24 hours after treatment.
For Your Information
- Potential short-term side effects are mild discomfort, mild swelling, redness, and bruising.
- Bruising may take 1-2 weeks to go away.
- Sometime blisters appear after treatment. If blistering occurs it should go away within 2 weeks but could result in permanent skin color changes or scarring.
- Should any scabs develop, do not pick at or scratch the area. Simply apply moisturizing lotion to keep the area moist and soft.
- Contact sports may open scabs and disrupt the healing process.
- It is important to keep the area moist with lotions until fully healed.
- Treated hair may remain until washed off or falls out.
- Sometimes hair appears to get longer for a week or two; this is simply hair being pushed out.
- Patients often have less hair growth after 3 treatments.
- Signs of infection include increased redness, pain and fever.
Call the clinic right away at 916-453-2182 if you suspect an infection. Thank you.
Printable version of Laser Procedure Aftercare instructions.