Thank you for considering a donation. We appreciate your generosity, and know it will positively impact the lives of children served by Shriners Hospital. Play is an important part of the healing process, and gifts of toys, games or activity supplies can make a big difference to children and families spending time in the hospital.
To ensure items are well constructed and can be given to a patient, we recommend the following brands:
Fisher-Price ■ Playskool ■ Disney ■ Leap Frog ■ Vtech ■ Little Tikes ■ Melissa and Doug ■ Crayola ■ LEGO ■ MegaBlocks.
Ideas for Giving
- Board books (English/Spanish)
- Cause and effect toys (English/Spanish option)
- Crib side soother/Mobiles
- Fisher Price Aquarium (crib toy)
- Infant rattles and teethers (no fabric please)
- Interactive Toys
- Musical Toys
- Stacking Blocks
- Toy Figures & Playsets
- Thomas the Tank Engine play-sets and trains
- Pretend Play (dolls, tea sets, play food)
- Fisher Price Medical Kits
- Lego Junior and Duplo sets (boy/girl)
- Action Figures
- Play sets
- Play vehicles
- Movies (current)
- Comfy slippers / PJ pants
- Drawing/Sketching pads & pencils
- Essential Oil Kits/Diffuser
- Gift cards for teens (for birthdays & holidays) iTunes, Amazon, Target, In-N-Out, Starbucks, McDonalds, Retail Teen Clothing Stores
- Apple iPods, PopSockets and Cellphone stands
- Hand held electronic games, Fidget spinners, foam stress-balls, hand puzzles
- Games:Crossword puzzles, regular decks of cards, Rubix Cube, Soduku, Wordsearc
- Headphones/earbuds, small blue-tooth speakers
- iTunes gift cards
- Local sports team shirts, sweatshirts, hats, basketball shorts
- Nail art/Nail polish
- Purses, Scarves, Blankets
- Portable DVD & CD players
- Regular decks of cards
- Scrapbook Albums & Supplies
- Specialized art activities (jewelry, watercolors, etc.)
- Movies (current – no R rated)
- Craft/Art kits/Slime-Making Kits
- Lego sets (girls/boys)
- Uno cards/Skip-bo/Phase 10/Spot-It
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothes, T-shirts & shorts (all ages)
- 2 Piece loose-fitting pajamas & nightgowns (younger ages)
- Sweats (tops & bottoms)
- Zip-up sweatshirts
• Current movies, toys (ie. related to current characters loved by children)
• Board games/travel games (all ages) like: Monopoly,Rummikub, Connect 4 Launchers, Headbands, Life,
• Clip boards with art supplies included (Target)
• Coloring books, paintable ceramics or wooden crafts
• Current Music (edited version)
• Disney light spinners
• ***DVDs – current & popular shows for all ages up to PG 13
• Fleece blankets
• Gift cards for our program to purchase supplies as we need them throughout the year: Target, Michaels, Safeway, Wal-Mart, iTunes, Amazon, McDonalds, In-N-Out, local movie theaters
• Gift cards for Wii U, PlayStation 4 and X-box video games and controllers.
• Gift bags and tissue paper for presents
• Pillowcases-Child friendly or Teen themed
• Portable DVD players
• Small boxes of Crayola crayons, markers, colored pencils, laminating paper
• Wii U, PlayStation 4 and X-box 1 videogames (No M rating)
• Wrapping paper (Birthdays/Christmas)
• 4×6 or 8×10 photo paper for printing pictures
For the School
• Acrylic Paints
• Elmer’s Glue Sticks
• Amazon Gift Cards for Textbooks
• Art Canvases (all sizes)
• Canson Mix Media Paper (11 x14)
• 3 Ring Binders
• LEGO Ultimate sets
• Model Magic Clay (all colors)
• Paint Brushes, water & acrylic
• Point Markers (assorted colors)
• Play-doh Products
• Pocket Folders
• Sharpies Fine Point & Ultra-Fine
• Water Color Paper & Paints
General Craft Supplies
• Acrylic Paints
• Art Canvases (all sizes)
• Clear Stretchy Beading Cord
• Colored tissue paper
• Craft Sets for All Ages
• Glitter glue / Glitter
• Pony beads / Fuse beads
• Scotch tape (regular and double sided)
• Tempura Paint
• Window chalk/paint
• Batteries (all sizes)
• Long Distance Phone Cards (Domestic & International)
• Bus Passes and Light Rail Passes
• Feminine Hygiene Products
• Pedicure / Manicure Kits
• Shaving Kits / Sewing kits
• Toothbrush/toothpaste kits
• Full size shampoo / conditioner
• Small bags for toiletries
• Hair Brushes / Hair Ties
• Small Mirrors
• Pacifiers, Sippy Cups
• Disposable Diapers & Wipes
• Shoes / Athletic Shoes (all sizes, Wide)
• Backpacks / Suitcases / Duffle Bags
Reminders of what we cannot accept
- Any used items
- Plush (new or used)
Donations are accepted weekdays, weekends and holidays between 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Please bring donations to the 2425 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95817.
Please call us at (916) 453-2321 if:
- You have questions.
- You are bringing a large donation (50 items or more). We need to schedule an appointment in advance for your delivery.
Frequently asked questions about donations
Do you accept plush or gently used toys?
Due to infection control and allergies, we CANNOT accept used toys of any kind. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on display or on shelves in a home (Example: Beanie Baby collections).
We CAN accept NEWLY purchased stuffed animals with tags, shipped directly from the store or manufacturer. If you would like assistance in making this donation we would be happy to refer you to some of our frequently used companies.
Do you accept food items or candy with patient activity bags or patient gifts?
Please do not include perishable food items in your donations. However, we would love to receive store bought, individually wrapped holiday candy for patient activities to celebrate holidays — e.g., Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, and Christmas.
What format do you accept for movies?
We currently accept DVD and Blu Ray, we no longer accept VHS. We accept G, PG, and PG-13, preferably with the option for Spanish-language tracks.
Thinking of wrapping your gift?
We appreciate your thoughtfulness, but please leave gifts unwrapped so it is faster and easier to identify gifts and distribute them to patients. If you are interested, you are welcome to donate new rolls of wrapping paper in kid-friendly or seasonal themes.
What sort of hand sewn items are in high demand?
Pillow cases and blankets! New patients receive pillow cases and blankets upon admission so we always have a great need for those items in teen and kid friendly prints. Please make sure you check all hand-sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used during construction. Pillow cases should be standard dimensions and can be handmade or store bought. Blankets can be fleece or cotton, hand-sewn, hand-tied, or store-bought.
Are there any toys or items you are unable to accept?
We cannot accept donations of toys with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords, or other projectiles. This includes guns with Styrofoam or plastic bullets. We also are unable to accept items with flames or fire scenes, latex, live plants, or religious-themed items of any kind.
You may also mail a donation to:
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Northern California
Attn: Therapeutic Recreation/Child Life
2425 Stockton Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95817
Please contact us at (916) 453-2321 if you have any questions about donations or if you need more information about delivering your donation. If you are bringing a large donation (50 items or more) please call in advance to make an appointment for your drop-off.
♥ Thank you very much! ♥