May 5, 2015
Film Features Inspiring Experience of Fresno Area Family
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Where Dreams Come True, an award-winning documentary film that chronicles the journeys of children whose lives were forever changed by Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California will air on KGPE-TV Fresno at 3 p.m., Saturday, May 16. Television viewers also may tune in to the program on CBS Affiliate Channel 47, Comcast 7, DirectTV 47 or Dish 7.
Country Music Hall of Fame singer, songwriter and actor Kris Kristofferson narrates the film, which won a 2014 Telly Award, a premier award honoring the very best films, videos and commercials. In a gesture of generosity, Mr. Kristofferson traveled to the Shriners Hospital in Sacramento to film the narration for the documentary, which highlights the inspiring stories of several patients and families, including:
- a champion kayaker who sought the care of the spinal cord injury team at Shriners Hospital after he was paralyzed from the waist down in a kayak accident;
- a young girl who was transported to Shriners Hospital for its acclaimed pediatric burn care after she was tragically burned in a December 2011 house fire;
- parents of a child born with cerebral palsy who turned to Shriners Hospital, where an internationally acclaimed orthopaedic surgeon gave them new hope;
- a former rodeo rider paralyzed in an accident who learned how to navigate life in a wheelchair;
- a young burn survivor who is wise beyond his years; and
- a young girl who discovers new joy when she is fitted with a prosthetic leg.
Where Dreams Come True was produced by William Criswell of Inception Marketing and William Bayne of Coyote Films. Mr. Criswell and Mr. Bayne have worked together on hundreds of commercials, television specials, films, and documentaries. Their many honors include the NY Art Directors Club Award, the 2001, 2003 and 2009 Freddie Awards, recognition in the SF and Houston International Film Festivals and, of course, a 2014 Telly Award for Where Dreams Come True.
The television broadcast of Where Dreams Come True is sponsored by Best RV, Fresno Coin & Jewelry & Steam Cleaners, Inc.
For more information about the documentary film, go online to http://myshrinershospital.org/
Media Contact: Catherine Curran | Public Relations (916) 453-2218 | email@example.com