As Assistant Chief of Burns at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California, Tina L. Palmieri, M.D., has expertise in both Burn Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
As Assistant Chief of Burns at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California, Tina L. Palmieri, M.D., has expertise in both Burn Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. Dr. Palmieri is Professor and Director of the Firefighters Burn Center at the University of California Davis, thus extending her burn/critical care expertise to both adults and children.
Prior to her appointment at Shriners Hospitals for Children, Dr. Palmieri was the Director of the Intensive Care Unit, member of the Critical Care Air Transport Team, and Assistant Residency Program Director for the Department of Surgery at Keesler Medical Center, Kessler Air Force Base, where she also received the NATO award.
Board certified by the American Board of Surgery in Surgical Critical Care and General Surgery, Dr. Palmieri is also a Fellow of the American College of Critical Care Medicine and the American College of Surgery. In 2012, Dr. Palmieri served as President of the American Burn Association. Additionally, she is a member of the International Society for Burn Injuries, the Association for Academic Surgery, the American Association for Surgery and Trauma, the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma Prevention as well as the Committee of Trauma Disaster.
Education and Training
- Medical School, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Evanston, Illinois
- Residency, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City
- Fellowship, University of Missouri, Hospital and Clinics, Columbia, Critical Care/Burn
- Post-Doctoral, K-30 Clinical Research Master’s Program, University of California
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine, Drexel University
Honors and Awards
Since 2009, Dr. Palmieri has been the Director of the University of California Davis Burn Data Coordinating Center. In addition to her research, Dr. Palmieri has published and presented extensively in the areas of burn injury, burn care, and burn prevention.
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Care, University of California Davis
- University of California Davis Women’s Leadership Development Program Award