Sampaguita-Inez (Sam) Tafoya, M.D., is a pediatric anesthesiologist at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California.
Sampaguita-Inez (Sam) Tafoya, M.D., is a pediatric anesthesiologist at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California, where she is dedicated to excellence in patient care and passionate about resident education. While training Dr. Tafoya was granted both the Outstanding Senior Resident Award and Housestaff Professionalism Award at UC Davis.
She has lectured extensively on pediatric anesthesiology and is active in several professional organizations including the American Society of Anesthesiologists, California Society of Anesthesiologists, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia and the International Anesthesia Research Society.
Dr. Tafoya serves on the hospital’s Continuing Medical Education Committee and Electronic Medical Record Committee. In addition to her work at Shriners Hospital, Dr. Tafoya is a volunteer clinical faculty member at the UC Davis Health System. Her experience as a dedicated mother of two young children makes her an extremely compassionate caregiver for children having surgery.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree, University of California, Davis
- Anesthesiology Residency (Chief Resident), University of California, Davis Medical Cente
- Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship, University of California, Davis Children’s Hospital
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Pediatric Subspecialty Certification