Hugh L. Vu, MD, MPH, is a plastic surgeon in the Department of Burn Surgery at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California.
Hugh L. Vu, MD, MPH, is a plastic surgeon in the Department of Burn Surgery at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine. Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the California Medical Board,
Dr. Vu is the recipient of the William Brock Outstanding Resident Researcher Award in Surgery. He also received a Citation for Research Excellence in Cancer Epidemiology from the Loma Linda University, School of Public Health. Dr. Vu’s professional affiliations include the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Burn Association, the International Association of Vietnamese Physicians, the American Association for Hand Surgeons, and the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree, Loma Linda University, School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California
- Residency, San Joaquin General Hospital, San Joaquin, California, General Surgery
- Fellowship, University of California, Davis, California, Burn Surgery and Burn Critical Care
- Fellowship, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, Plastic Surgery
- Fellowship, Lenox Hill Hospital and Manhattan Eye and Ear Institute, New York, New York, Cosmetic Surgery