The health and safety of our patients, families and staff is our highest priority at Shriners Hospital for Children – Northern California. As we are seeing a larger-scale community spread of COVID-19 in the United States, as well as the continued presence of a strong flu season, Shriners Hospital for Children is staying up to date with the most relevant information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies.
We are asking that those experiencing flu-like symptoms stay home and not come to the hospital in order to help reduce the spread of the virus. Guests showing flu-like symptoms will be asked to leave the hospital grounds immediately. Those symptoms include fever, cough, chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, nausea and diarrhea.
As a reminder, you can protect yourself and our patients by taking universal health precautions such as:
- Wash your hands frequently.Use soap and water or hand sanitizer gel for effective hand washing. Hand sanitizer gel dispensers can be found throughout our facility.
- Cover your mouth and face with your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Try to Limit Contact with large groups or persons with flu-like symptoms.
- Stay Healthyby getting plenty of rest, fluids, nutritional food, and exercise.