- Create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teens by providing unique experiences and adventures
- Strive to empower children with hand differences to address daily physical, emotional and social challenges
- Create a support network by organizing group meetings and providing outreach to new parents of children with hand differences
Differences of those who attend camp include:
- Missing arm, hand or fingers
- Webbed or fused hand parts
- Extra fingers
- Undergrowth of hand parts
- Overgrowth of hand parts
- Constriction band syndrome
Camp Winning Hands 2020
Dates to be announced.
To learn more about Camp Winning Hands, email: CampWinningHands@gmail.com
To enroll your child for our 2020 session, email: CampWinningHands@gmail.com
Completing an application does not mean your child will be enrolled. You will be notified if your child is invited to attend Camp Winning Hands.
Children and teens between the ages of 7 and 17 with congenital hand differences may apply to participate in overnight Camp Winning Hands.
Location: Camp Winning Hands is hosted by The Taylor Family Foundation at Camp Arroyo in Livermore, Calif.
Cost: The Taylor Family Foundation graciously provides this beautiful facility and camping experience at no cost to families.
Camp Winning Hands would like to recognize and thank The Taylor Family Foundation for hosting our campers at Camp Arroyo. The mission of the Taylor Family Foundation is to preserve the wellness and enhance the quality of life for children in Northern California with life-threatening and chronic illnesses, disabilities and youth at risk through unique camping experiences and support.
Camp Staff: Professional staff and volunteers from UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital and Shriners Hospitals for Children –Northern California and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. Junior and adult counselors who themselves have a hand difference and serve as role models to support campers and their families.
Director: Ginny Gibson, OTR, CHT, Occupational Therapist, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- 510.428.3885 ext 2821, CampWinningHands@gmail.com
Assistant Director: Sally Martens, FNP-C, Shriners Hospital for Children — Northern California
- 916.453.2038, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures and information from 2017 Camp Winning Hands.