At Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California, we make big days happen for children every day by providing the highest quality care and treatment, regardless of a families ability to pay. It’s a big day when a child swims in a pool for the first time ever and an even bigger day when they walk for the first time in years. Help make big days happen every day for children.
What is Big Day of Giving?
Every May, the Sacramento Region Community Foundation hosts Big Day of Giving to encourage individuals to support the charities that ensure quality of life for everyone in the Sacramento region. During this 24-hour online fundraising event, Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California (SHCNC) is one of 600+ charities asking the community-at-large for monetary donations. All donations in support of Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California on Big Day of Giving support the hospital’s patients. These gifts fund the programs and people that provide the highest quality of care to children who suffer from complex healthcare issues.
KAITLYN’S BIG DAY AT SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN
“Originally we thought I was going to be in the hospital a month. AT LEAST. So fifteen days was pretty good. I remember that day sitting in the lobby downstairs at Shriners and thinking “is this real? Am I really going home??” Because there were a few bad days that made discharge date seem so far away! I can’t stress enough how making it to that day was such a dream come true.
I picked this day because it was the day I worked so hard to get to during the hospital stay and I remember feeling pride in a way like I’d never had when it finally came! It really felt like the first day of the rest of my life. 💗💗💗 “
– Kaitlyn H.
Help Spread the Word – Be an Ambassador for the Northern California Shriners Hospital
- Inform your friends, family members and colleagues about Big Day of Giving 2020
- Engage your network on social media using graphics and pre-scripted copy (see toolkit below)
- Promote giving to Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California by sharing personal stories that demonstrate compassion and impact
My Social Media Toolkit
Social Media is Key to Big Day Success
Let’s all work together to spread the word and raise funds to help children. Follow us on Facebook (@ShrinersNorCA), Twitter (@ShrinersNorCA), Instagram (@shrinersnorca) and LinkedIn (Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California). Make sure to like, share and comment on our #BDOG2020 posts!
Take a #MyBigDay Selfie
Have you had a big day at Shriners Hospitals for Children—Northern California? Share it with us. Download the #MyBigDay selfie board, fill it out explaining your big day, take a selfie and post it on social.
¿Has tenido un gran día en el Hospital Shriners para Niños – del Norte de California? Compártelo con nosotros. Descarga la plantilla de selfi para #MiGranDía y complételo explicando su gran día. Después tómese un selfi y publíquelo en las redes sociales.
- Use Hashtags: #BDOG2020 #SupportShrinersHospitals
- Tag us: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Engage: Like, comment and share our posts
Create your own unique posts on your personal social media channels or use the graphics and messages provided below.
To copy sample message: Press and hold the left mouse button and then drag the mouse from the top left to the bottom right of the entire selection of text you want to copy. To copy the highlighted text, on your keyboard, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C or right-click the highlighted text and click Copy.
General Messages for Facebook and LinkedIn
- Save the date: Big Day of Giving is May 7. We’re proud to be a part of the regional celebration of giving that celebrates non-profits. It allows #ShrinersHospitalsForChildren to make big days every day. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- Big Day of Giving is a day for the Sacramento community to give back! With your support on the Big Day of giving, #ShrinersHospitalsForChildren will continue to make big days happen for children, every day. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- Join us May 7 to celebrate Big Day of Giving. Any amount makes a real difference in the lives of children and their families. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners #ShrinersHospitalsForChildren
- Last year, 30,000 specialty care patient visits were made possible by generous community giving. Help make big days happen for patients and their families by donating to #ShrinersHospitalsForChildren on Big Day of Giving, May 7. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- Every patient visit matters and leads to a big day in the life of a child and their family. Whether it’s a child’s first steps or first time on a bike built just for them, your donations improve children’s lives. #BigDayofGiving #SupportShrinersHospitals bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- At #ShrinersHospitalsForChildren, we’re making big days for children, every day. Giving just a few dollars on May 7 could lead to a child being able to play sports again. Know that your donation is making a big day happen for a child and their family! Get started by visiting bigdayofgiving.org/shriners. #BigDayofGiving #SupportShrinersHospitals
- Big Day of Giving is May 7, and everyone, anywhere, can participate! Your donation supports more than 30,000 doctor visits for children needing specialized care at our facility. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners #BigDayofGiving #SupportShrinersHospitals
- We need your help to make big days happen every day for children at Shriners Hospitals for Children! Please support #ShrinersHospitalforChildren goal of raising $55,000 on Big Day of Giving, May 7. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- #ShrinersHospitalforChildren in Sacramento accepted more than 7,000 new children for care last year who join the thousands of children who already benefit from our care. YOU can make big days happen for children by supporting us on #BigDayofGiving on May 7. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- With your support, we can make more big days happen for children whether it’s a child’s first steps or their first swim! Make a donation to support kids with specialized conditions on the Big Day of Giving, May 7. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- Thanks to you, last year #ShrinersHospitalsforChildren was able to perform the first successful cartilage regeneration shoulder surgery on a teen athlete! Help us continue to discover new ways to treat or prevent the debilitating effects of injury or disorders by donating on Big Day of Giving, May 7. Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
General Messaging about Big Day of Giving 2020 on Twitter
- @bigdayofgiving is May 7, and everyone, anywhere, can participate to make big days for children happen at ShrinersHospitalsforChildren! Learn more at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- @bigdayofgiving on May 7 is a day for everyone in Sacramento to GIVE! Your donation can help a child take their first steps in life. Make a Big Day of Giving donation to create a child’s big day! bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- We need your help on May 7 for @bigdayofgiving to make big days happen for children at our hospital! Just a few dollars goes a long way. Show support for @ShrinersNorCA at bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- #BigDayofGiving is coming May 7. Show your support for children by donating to @ShrinersNorCA! bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
- Last year, we raised more than $54,000 on #BigDayofGiving to support more than 30,000 patient visits at @ShrinersNorCA. Join us again on May 7 to make an ever bigger impact! bigdayofgiving.org/shriners
Use a Graphic
To download images: Click on an image and it will open in a light box. Right-click on the image and select Save As.
FACEBOOK POST FROM OLGA
“I can say that Shriners changed my life and I will forever be grateful and will continue to support your cause until I die!! I ♥️ Shriners!”
– Olga Q.
Contact Alan Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more Big Day of Giving and fundraising information.