Built on the belief that people can make a positive difference in the lives of others, Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California welcomes and involves the community in its programs. From lectures and community outreach programs to patient entertainment and fundraisers, there are many ways in which you can be part of Shriners Hospitals for Children and its unique mission.
- Atrium Series: School choirs, piano players, jazz ensembles, bands and guitarists are among those who fill the hospital with song as they perform in the hospital lobby throughout the year. To schedule a performance, call Volunteer Services at 916-453-2087 or email email@example.com.
- Patient Entertainment: The Sacramento Ballet, the Sacramento Kings, comic book heroes, mascots, college athletes, U.S. Air Force officers, and professional entertainers are among those who arrange special visits to engage and inspire kids. For information, call 916-453-2232.
For other community service opportunities, please go to Volunteer Services.
- Careers in Health Care: High school and college students are introduced to many of the different careers in health care through presentations by professional staff. Nursing, clinical nutrition, physical and occupational therapy, and orthotics and prosthetics are among the many career presentations scheduled throughout the year. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Burn Prevention: This interactive, multi-media program teaches children in grades K-3 how to prevent burn injuries at home. Prevention mascot Fezzy shows kids how safety begins at home. Programs take place in the hospital auditorium throughout the year. To learn more, email email@example.com.
- Lunchtime Lectures: Brown bag lunches are welcome at these lectures that address everything from leading-edge research to medical innovations. Lectures take place in the hospital auditorium. If you would like to receive announcements or attend a lecture, please call 916-453-2041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education programs for the health care community are scheduled throughout the year.
We welcome the opportunity to introduce individuals and groups to Shriners Hospitals for Children — Northern California and its unique mission through our hospital tour program. Reservations are required.
Before scheduling your tour, please note the following:
- Tours are open to individuals 16 years of age and older.
- Knowledgeable volunteers lead our tours.
- Tours are scheduled any day of the week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and last approximately one hour.
- We honor and respect the privacy of our patients. Guests are prohibited from taking photographs inside the hospital.
- Tours are to promote careers in health care and other hospital programs.
- A hospital video is shown in place of a tour when participants are under age 16.
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California periodically hosts events to educate and involve the hospital in its mission. To schedule or inquire about setting up a special event send email to email@example.com.
Fundraisers & Special Events positively support the hospital and may be organized by individuals, groups or businesses. To donate or find out how you can participate, call 916-453-2321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.