Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California physicians and therapists have been invited as faculty to present at the 72nd meeting of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio from October 9-13, 2018. The full course materials can be downloaded below. We hope you find them beneficial and share them widely!
Orthopaedic Day: Gait Analysis without a Lab
Faculty: Jon Robert Davids, M.D.
Course Overview: In settings where 3-Dimensional gait analysis is impossible, observational gait assessment using the validated Edinburgh Visual Gait Score (EVGS) can aid in the communication of gait deviations and the measurement gait changes after surgical intervention. Coupled with an understanding of the normal phases of gait, the EVGS can substantially improve observational gait assessment through its comprehensive scoring system at the trunk, pelvis, hip, knee, and foot/ankle. With slow-motion video analysis now available through mobile app technology, quantitative observational gait assessment using the EVGS can truly be at your fingertips
- Gait Analysis without a Lab – Video Presentation
- AACPDM 2018 Gait Analysis without a Motion Lab Lecture Handout
- Edinburgh Visual Gait Score EVGS Scoring Worksheet
- Edinburgh Visual Gait Score EVGS Summary Score Grid
- Using Hudl Technique App – Instructions
- Hudl Technique App – Download for iPhone
- Hudl Technique App – Download for Android
BRK 21: Interpreting Hip Surveillance X-Rays With the HipScreen App – A Primer for the Radiology Novice
Faculty: Vedant Kulkarni, M.D.; Jon Davids, M.D.; Suzanne Bratkovich, MSPT; Pamela Thomason, B Physio, M Physio*
*Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Course Overview: This seminar will introduce participants without formal training in radiology to the fundamentals of interpretation of hip surveillance radiographs. Participants will be tutored on identifying important radiographic landmarks for the measurement of migration percentage, and will also learn radiographic signs of poor positioning that could limit the accuracy of the measurement. The majority of the seminar will be spent on actual measurement of hip surveillance radiographs using the award-winning HipScreen App with coaching of experienced clinicians.
- BRK 21 Full Course Handout
- BRK 21 Sample Radiographs
- Visit hipscreen.org for tutorials and links to download the HipScreen App for Apple iOS and Android devices